Rhea Medical Center has a long and proud
tradition of looking out for the needs of Rhea County. We recognize
that patients, residents, or visitors visit a medical center because
they need to, not because they want to. No matter how much we would
prefer otherwise, hospital visits arenít always the most enjoyable
times of our lives.
However, we can strive to assure the
patientís, residentís, or visitorís experience at Rhea Medical Center
is as pleasant as possible. We can add a little sunshine with a warm
smile and gentle touch. We can put their needs first and treat them
with the respect and kindness that we would expect for ourselves.
Currently, there are 20
volunteers, and new members are always welcome.
- Staff the Gift Shop Monday through Friday
- Assist patients and visitors with information and directions
- Interact with patients by helping to make their stay in the hospital as enjoyable as can be expected
- Escort patients and visitors to treatment areas such as the Lab, Radiology, etc.
- Deliver mail to the hospital patients
- Provide assistance to nursing personnel
- Give other assistance as needed or directed
Each volunteer's schedule will be determined based on the volunteer's availability and need.
Want to join us?
- Free uniform at the start of service.
- Free meal with each shift worked.
Anyone interested in becoming a hospital volunteer should call (423) 775-8579.